Premium vendors from the Bay of Plenty & Waikato have teamed up to create a luxurious,
dream wedding for one lucky couple.
We have seen the effects that Covid-19 has had on our industry and our clients, so, this is our way of bringing back some much needed joy and excitement with a picture perfect day on the 19th of November 2020!
Upload a photo of the engaged couple to Facebook or Instagram, (make sure it is marked "public") with #thebigdaygiveaway (double check your spelling so we can find it)
Share the main post on Facebook or Instagram from one of the vendors pages
Fill in the form below - and submit.
Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions at the bottom of this page.
ENTRIES NOW CLOSED
So what will you win?
The Black Barn - Lake Tarawera will host a ONE day wedding of up to 80 guests at their beautiful hill top location, with breathtaking views of the Lake and Tarawera Mountain. Total value $5900. Additional guests (up to 130 in total) can be included at an extra cost.
Captured by Tahlia gives you her “Diamond Package” including 9 hours of photography with 2 photographers, a bespoke photo box including prints & USB as well as a Queensberry album & full online gallery. Total value $4950
Queensberry are supporting this package by upgrading you to a gorgeous 12” x 9” vertical flushmount wedding album with a vintage leather wrap around cover and 20 pages (40 sides) in either Matt smooth or Tintoretto art paper. Value $1850
Bad Panda Productions will video the entire day & provide a cinematic highlight film of 4-5 minutes as well as a documentary edit of ceremony & a documentary edit of speeches valued at $5200
Food & Beverage
Terrace Catering is giving you up to $4000 worth of catering for the wedding day. All catering for the day will need to be done through Terrace Catering.
Bidfood are supporting the catering by giving $750 of food to Terrace Catering to use in creating your delicious menu for the day.
Croucher Brewing, Rotorua's award winning local craft beer producer and coffee roastery will be gifting the lucky couple a 50L keg of craft beer (either Pilsner or Pale ale), 3 cases of their extremely popular Lowrider 2.5% IPA bottles and pourage gear - retail value of just over $600.
Volcanic Hills Winery give you the first rounds on them! With a selection of $500 worth of their beautiful wines. Also purchase further wines for the big day, directly from Volcanic Hills Winery at promotional pricing.
Sharon Wallace is creating you a mix of champagne and pina colada/bailey coffee jelly shots, as well as the first hour of beverage/bar service free of charge with a value of $500. Includes free carafe tables and dispenser hire.
Liquor King are providing you with a chiller trailer to keep all the beverages icey cold as well as two bottles of Pimms! $400 value
Sage & Grace will provide a two tiered cake to the value of $500, the couple is welcome to upgrade to a three tier or add on extra cakes if required.
Styling & Florals
Twelve Tables will provide chairs and tables of your choice for 80 pax, ceremony furniture including your choice of arch, ceremony seating and signing table, x2 lounge suites, 4x service bars, festoon lighting, cocktail furniture including market umbrellas, bar leaners and bar chairs, valued at $3000.
House of Florence are offering $2000 towards House of Florence floral services which includes transport/installation costs.
All additional floral services must be purchased through House of Florence (no DIY)
On My Hand will be your coordinator “on the day” of the wedding & will set up the ceremony & reception spaces. This offer is valued at $2000 minimum
Royal Laboratorie are offering plates, glasses & cutlery for up to 80 people from their stunning ranges. Delivery fee will be charged, breakages must be paid for. $1000 value
Tble. Linen are supplying their premium french linen tablecloths & napkins up to a value of $600
Gown & Altar is offering the lucky bride a made to measure gown from her bridal collection up to the value of $2400.
Subject to time frame and availability of fabrics. Bride must book appointment for Saturday 22nd August or earlier
Pollards Mens Apparel will kit out the guys with four full suit hires including jacket, trousers, shirts & ties valued at up to $1000.
Blak Bridesmaids will be giving you 3 dresses in your chosen colour valued up to $747. Order has to be in by 1st september.
Viscose range dresses only ( this fabric is easier to dye to meet our short timeframe)
Will Johnston will provide celebrant services required to get you married and have a bit of fun along the way! You will need to pay for your own wedding licence (I can talk you through this process and send you the online link, it's really straight forward).
Final Touch Makeup Artistry will complete the look with beautiful makeup for the bride & one bridesmaid as well as the Mother of the Bride, makeup trial included for bride only & a touch up kit for on the day, total value $550. Additional people can be added at a cost with a Max of 6 people total.
Jorja Rose Hair Design will style the hair of the bride, one bridesmaid & mother of the bride, trial included for bride only + travel totalling $500 value.
Additional people can be added at a cost with a Max of 6 people total.
LV Body & Skin will give you that bridal glow with tans for the bride and up to three bridesmaids, this also includes bridal tan consultant and lash lift (Bride only) and after tan care for the bridal party, total value $500
Mirror Magic is bringing their interactive photo booth for their 4 Hour Party Package. Unlimited photos, unlimited printouts, custom printout design, loads of awesome props, backdrop, attendants, LED lighting and personalised web-gallery of all your photos with delivery and set up included. Value $1299
Matt Barnard will set the vibe with his beautiful vocals for 2 hours after your ceremony or at your reception valued at $600
CWEntertainment will be giving you 3 private dance lessons for the big day to wow your guests with your first dance valued at $195
A Splendid Afternoon want you & your guests to enjoy their giant lawn game collection for the day valued at $150
Hens & Stag Functions
Terrace Kitchen want to give you a discounted “cocktail brunch” for your Hen’s day valued at approx $150
Skyline Skyrides & Volcanic Hills Winery invite the bride, her bridesmaids and besties to take a gondola ride to enjoy wine tasting and platters at Volcanic Hills Tasting Room at the top of the Skyline Gondola - 8 people are included, valued at over $450. Other besties are of course welcome to join the fun.
Secret Spot Hot Tubs are giving the ladies x2 free hot tubs (up to 12pax) blissful soak for 45 minutes valued at $420. Relax while having food & drinks delivered direct to your tub!
CWEntertainment will also take 10 ladies through a burlesque dance class with a glass of champagne on arrival valued at $150
Terrace Kitchen will also provide a discounted “big brekkie” for the stags before their day of adventure valued at $150
Off Road NZ want to provide $500 worth of your own chosen activities for the groom & his mates to enjoy! Activities to take place in the morning on a date agreed between both parties.
Ryan Romanes Design has generously created all of our stunning marketing materials for this promotion.
Destination Rotorua are supporting this promotion through their various channels
NZME are offering support through their networks
**Additional upgrades are available for most services at your own cost, these can be discussed with each vendor as required.
Any items not specifically mentioned will need to be sourced and paid for by the couple.Including travel & accomodation if required.
Contracts/agreements may need to be signed with individual vendors agreeing to their terms & conditions**
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Entries to be received by 6pm August 9th 2020. Entries received after 6pm on the 9th August will not be accepted.
2. This competition is open to all New Zealand residents except employees of participating companies and
their immediate families and agencies.
3. To enter the competition all couples must be over the age of 18 and each be legally entitled to marry.
This competition is not open to “renewal of vow”ceremonies.
4. The winner will be notified by the 19th of August by email & facebook or phone.
5. If the winning couple cannot be contacted or successful contact is not made within a reasonable time period (2 days after contact attempt) or if the winning couple fails to meet any of the eligibility requirements or is otherwise unable to comply with these terms and conditions, it may result in forfeiture of the prize and "the promoters" reserve the right to disqualify that couple without further liability to that couple and offer the prize to an alternative couple and thereafter until a winner is found.
6. Each entry must be submitted on the digital application form available on
7. Additional upgrades are available for most services at your own cost, these can be discussed with each vendor as required. Contracts/agreements may need to be signed with individual vendors agreeing to their terms & conditions
8. A photo of the couple entering the competition must be uploaded to Facebook or Instagram with the #thebigdaygiveaway and made "public" so "the promoters" can see it
9. All elements of the prize are non-transferable, non-redeemable for cash and cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer or at any other time.
10. The winner is responsible for expenses & arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including any necessary documents, travel & accomodation.
11. Entries remain the property of "the promoters" and participating companies and may be used for future promotional purposes.
12. The entrants agree to have their photos & video published on digital platforms. Winners agree to have photos taken of the wedding day and images from the wedding to be used by the vendors and associated suppliers of products
and services for marketing and promotional purposes. Images remain the property of the photographer/videographer.
13. "The promoters" will not be responsible for any transmission and/or computer errors affecting the submission of entries to this competition.
14. "The promoters" reserve the right to change details of wedding with as much notice as reasonably practicable should an element of the wedding become unavailable.
The winning couple will be notified and other arrangements will attempt to be made.
15. (i) The products and services forming the prize have been agreed in good faith by "the promoters" with the suppliers of the products and services forming the prize. "the promoters" accept no liability or responsibility for the
provision of or failure to provide products and/or services from a supplier.
(ii) The winning couple is responsible for all expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prize.
(iii) The winning couple is responsible for obtaining adequate insurance suitable for their needs before the wedding.
"The promoters" cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred by the winning couple as a result of their
failure to do so.
(iv) All entrants, including the winning couple, agree to indemnify "the promoters" for any expenses, loss or damage incurred or suffered by "the promoters" as a result of the entrants' actions or failures to comply with these terms and conditions.
(v) "The promoters" or their employees or agents are not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss, or for personal injury suffered or sustained during the course of accepting or using or enjoying the prize or any part of it, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
Under no circumstances shall the liability of "the promoters" exceed the cost to the entrant of submitting an entry to “The Big Day Giveaway" competition. The limitation of liability set out in this clause includes any person or party in any way associated with "the promoters" and "The Big Day Giveaway" promotion.
16. Contact must be made with all vendors by August 30th 2020 to begin the planning for your wedding.
Bride needs to meet with Gown & Altar by 22nd August to enable enough time for dress to be made. Blak bridesmaids dresses must be ordered by 1st September at the latest.
17. Winners must be willing to leave honest reviews for all vendors involved after the wedding has taken place.
They must also be available for comment or interviews about the day post wedding.
18. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Prize is not transferrable to any third party.
19. By entering the competition you consent under the Privacy Act 1993 to allow "the promoters" and suppliers to retain such contact details and only use them for marketing their business.
20. The promoter may refuse or disqualify any entry (including winning entries) if in its sole discretion that the entrant has not complied with these Rules, or if he or she has acted in a way which the promoter reasonably considers to be inappropriate, unlawful, offensive or otherwise not in the spirit of the promotion.
21. "The promoters" are: Captured by Tahlia, Rotorua, email@example.com 027 574 6868
The Black Barn Lake Tarawera, Tarawera, firstname.lastname@example.org 027 631 1970
Terrace Catering, Rotorua, email@example.com 021 115 9790
22. The Promotion is governed by New Zealand law.